My throat has been sore for about a week and a half (probably a mixture of allergies and lack of sleep, Mom. I’m fine! Yelling during the US v. Ghana game didn't help, either), so my friend Tom got me some oranges and lemons. This was very sweet of him. Until I opened the bag, and remembered that I forgot that those fruit stay green here; it doesn’t get cold enough to affect the chlorophyll. In fact, if you do come across a yellow lemon or an orange orange, it’s called muzungu fruit.
So I asked Violet to help me tell the difference. Can you tell?
And actually, the oranges (they’re on the right; the two lemons are on the left, and on further reflection, the lemons are rough, and oranges smooth, mostly like in the US) were a mite sour, though Violet said they don’t get US-sweet here. So I shall make orange juice from them, and use the lemons in tea as intended.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.