Yep - I received my passport and visa today! Hallelujah! Oh happy day [doing happy dance]!! It's just handwritten in the passport, but the student pass that must accompany it is a nice, happy yellow color. Please join me in giving thanks for Grace, the international student who has been working the visa issues for all of us; I think she said she's been to the Immigration office something like seven or eight times.
My next quest is to confirm that the school received the school fees that I wired here in April. Uganda is a slow-to-pay country, I understand that. I'm just hoping that they've received the fees and haven't yet credited my account here; my bank certainly subtracted them quickly enough.
There's a little hitch that in order to get the examination card that grants you access to take the exam, you have to be current on your school fees. I explained to the Acting Dean that I was working the issue, and that if I couldn't sit for the exams because of this, I'd cry. He said that it wouldn't do to not have their international student not sit for the exams, so they'd grant me an exception. I'm incredibly grateful for that, though I still have three more semesters of this exercise, so I'd like to get this figured out so I can rinse and repeat.
On a different note, Jackson reminded me about the "birthday" dousing on 20 Aug. I was fervently hoping/wishing/praying he'd forget. Sigh.
Nice night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful, happy news! We praise the Lord with you!
ReplyDeleteCareful about that "rinse and repeat" language. It only encourages Jackson.
John
I've not told anyone about the blog here, and that's just the sleepiness preventing other, more normal words, from prevailing.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, Jackson needs no encouragement.
So glad about the Visa!! Praying now for no complications about the exams. Don't know what to say about the dousing...
ReplyDelete