Monday, May 5, 2014

Word gets around

Over the weekend, I inevitably saw a few students, and of course, they asked what happened.  Actually, most asked if I had malaria.  I didn't think you got sores on your face from malaria, but then again, it does mean "sickness" here.

When I said I fell, one asked if I fell from a boda [motorcycle].  I almost wish so; it certainly would have been a better story!  I wondered whether I rated high enough for this to be discussed among the students. 

Apparently so.  This morning, one of the students came in to say hello and share his condolences about my accident.  He said that he felt bad about it as soon as Gideon [one of his classmates] told him about it.  Keep in mind, Gideon has not seen me himself.  God alone knows who told him.  Then he wished me a quick recovery from my accident, which made me laugh, and laughing hurts because my lip is still healing.


I'm certainly not going to correct him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers