However, working from home has been challenging, because the wifi that was installed last September (and got working November-ish) has been spectacularly unreliable. I've called to the computer people (UIS) any number of times, but not as often as I would have in the US because I want them to still like me.
So, last week I finally was able to get Dorcas up here to see how bad and inconsistent it was, and she agreed. She then sent Kenneth a few days later to see what he could do. Nothing seemed to change.
I had to go to the library the other day, so I decided to drop by the UIS office to see if an in-person plea, coupled with sad Bambi eyes, could make a difference. While I was talking with Dorcas, she asked someone sitting near her about the status of the wifi here, and he grumbled something about asking someone else.
I really wanted to make a sad face at a technician to try to manipulate encourage them to do something, so I told Dorcas that he wouldn't look at me so I could smile at him (which really is a gentle rebuke; you always greet people when they come). She laughed, and told him to smile at Rev. Jessica. So he looked up and laughed, and I made my sad Bambi smile, and we all had a good laugh, and I left with an assurance that it would be examined.
When I got home later that afternoon, the wifi worked!! Hallelujah!! I called Dorcas to see what they did, and she insists that no one did anything. Two days later, and it's STILL working. I'm putting this one down as a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.