Thankfully, we do have access to the UCU wireless network up here on the top of the hill; in semesters past, it didn't reach this far. And aghast as I am, it's unlocked - I've not registered this laptop with the IT guys, yet I can access the net. Count me aghast and grateful. It's pokey, but works. Don't even think about how long it took to upload this image.
Something I learned this morning is that UCU has banned Facebook from the hours of 9am-5pm. I only learned this when I tried to refresh my screen while I was on the UCU net. I think this is 1. Brilliant, as at any point in time, go to either the dining hall, or any computer lab and all you’ll see is a sea of blue and white. I’m sure that placed a serious drain on the network, hence the decision. Imagine how crippling it is to the student population, however. Which is why I also think this is 2. Hysterical. I usually think of employers banning pages like Facebook, not schools.
We are indeed going on retreat this weekend, and I think it’ll be at the same place we were last year. The lovely place, which in addition to being beautiful, has excellent food, and where, unfortunately, I didn’t sleep well. We’ll try again. The Honours College kids are also going on retreat, so it’s a bit unfortunate that all of us will be gone at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.