Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone

Yep – the sun made an appearance today!  I was finally able to get three shirts and a skirt off the clothes line.  I had a window of opportunity Friday afternoon, but they were still damp, so I let them stay.  Bad move, because it’s rained ever since.  The sun’s coming out this (Monday) afternoon made the mud be sticky in only a couple places, which thrilled me to no end.

I had one spill on one of the hills here at the Honours College last week after one of the monsoons.  Fortunately, no injuries other than a sore ankle, and more importantly, no spectators.  Just a very dirty denim skirt that I can’t wash yet because it’s been raining.  But hills and mud are not a good combination, and there are plenty of both.  I really don’t move around at night when it’s been wet.

Dr. Opol, my African Theology lecturer, acted like he was going to give me a hard time about my request for an extension on our paper this week, then quickly agreed.  God bless him!  He also talked to the dean about my completing a paper rather than sitting for the exam (which they call papers), and she agreed.  God bless both of them!  He gave me a choice of a 12-page paper and a take-home exam, and I chose the take home.  I’m grateful that he talked to the dean, because I wasn’t sure when I was going to find time to go see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers