Monday, February 8, 2010

Hughes!

So the class has learned my surname, and is apparently obsessed.  Pre-title, your names go like Hughes Jessica, and you're often called by your surname.  Post-title, the order switches: I will be Rev. Jessica Hughes.  So now everyone is calling me Hughes.  Well, most of them; some can't say it.  Some tribes don't have "l," and I think some don't have "h."  I pointed out that their names are so long and complex (to me), and yet they are defeated by one syllable.  Luke chimed in that their names are sentences.  :)

My friend Amos said he's going to name his kid Hughes because it's "a cute name."  His father was named after an Irishman who was present when he was born, so I guess he feels inspired.  While I like my name, I've never thought of it as cute.

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers